1. Where are you located?
Cakes for Occasions is located at 57 Maple Street in Danvers, Massachusetts. Our store phone number is 978-774-4545.
2. What are your store hours?
The store is open Monday-Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm EST.
3. Do your store hours change for holidays?
Depending on the holiday, our store hours may change. For Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter you can check our special Holiday Menus that you’ll find posted on the website throughout the season, otherwise, please call the store for details.
4. Do your products contain nuts?
Cakes for Occasions is a nut-free bakery so you can order all of your desserts with confidence. You can visit this page for more information. Products that we sell in our store that come from outside sources contain no nuts, but packaging may be labelled " may contain traces of nuts " due to local, state and federal requirements.
5. How soon should I order my cake?
Cakes for Occasions requires one week notice for any and all custom ordered cakes. A 50% deposit is required for all custom ordered cakes. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please note that we require 72 hours notice for any and all cancellations or changes.
6. Do I need to make an appointment when ordering a custom cake?
An appointment is not needed for anything except Wedding Cakes. You can call or walk-in and any of our knowledgeable staff can help you.
7. How do you price out your cakes?
Our cakes are priced based on the size of the cake and the artwork. Please note that prices are subject to change due to the nature of our products. All of our cakes are custom designed and artwork pricing may vary.
8. Does my cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes. To ensure freshness, keep your cake refrigerated.
9. My party is on Sunday, but I am picking my cake up on Saturday. Will my cake still be fresh?
Yes, keep your cake refrigerated. Depending on the flavor, cakes have a shelf life of 5 to 11 days. See our Cake Tips for more information.
10. Do you offer any other products for special dietary needs?
Along with being a nut-free bakery we do offer a few products that are egg-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free and we offer sugar-free cakes and cupcakes. Please contact us for more specific information regarding ingredients that you may be sensitive to.
11. How do you color your buttercream?
We use the finest food coloring available to color our buttercream. Please keep in mind that excessive amounts of food coloring in our buttercream MAY stain and MAY change the flavor.
12. Can you match colors for my cake?
If you provide a swatch or swatches, we will do our best to match to the color(s) as close as possible, but please keep in mind that due to food coloring limitations, we may not be able to match all colors and we cannot guarantee an exact.
13. Can I provide a picture for you to use to decorate my cake?
Yes, of course! Please do keep in mind that all of our cakes are created freehand and, therefore, will not be an exact replica of any materials provided to us for duplication.
14. Can you put a photograph or picture directly onto a cake?
If you email your picture to us, we can print it on a sugar paper, creating an edible image. This edible image can go directly onto your cake.
15. Will my cake look exactly like the cakes that are on the website?
While every cake/image on our website has been created by Cakes for Occasions and has been done here at our location, not every cake will be an exact replica of the image. We pride ourselves on the fact that we hire cake "artists" not just "cake decorators". With that said, every 'artists' has his/her style/technique of creating masterpieces. How we divide up our orders is by 'ability' not 'originality’ of cakes. Just like true artists, they have different talents & abilities. We recognize these differences and process our work to our talented staff by each of their own talents & abilities. Each cake is a ‘recreation’ not an ‘originality’.
16.Why do we need to give a weeks notice on custom orders? That seems like a long time.
We like to explain to our customers that our ‘cake artists’ are no different than any other service/talent professionals. Just like hair dressers, each ‘artists’ books up during their week with the work load they are given. To ensure a custom cake, made by one of our talented team, we need advance notice so they can prioritize and give the correct amount of time needed for each cake creation they make.
17. For character cakes, do you hand draw the characters on the cake?
Depending on size, medium and other artwork for the cake, hand drawn characters may be an option. Edible images are sometimes used and embellished if needed or to deliver the most accurate representation of the character. Your cake artist will determine the best approach for your cake order.
To ensure the quality and freshness of our products, and depending on the recipient’s location, most orders ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Most orders, depending on the product, will ship the same day they are placed as long as they are placed before 1:00pm EST or within 24 - 48 hours. (Orders placed on a holiday that falls on a Monday-Wednesday will ship the next shipping day depending on the product). We do not ship over the weekend. Our products are shipped using UPS ground and UPS 2-day air. UPS does not guarantee a delivery day and time on UPS Ground shipments.
Please note that we do not ship perishable items UPS Ground when traveling to the west coast or areas that will take 4-5 days to reach. You will need to select one of the alternate shipping options provided.
Please note that we take package our products for shipping as best as we see fit for the product and traveling. We cannot guarantee how UPS will handle the package once it leaves our store.
Use the following web address and enter your zip code for a UPS Ground Time-in-Transit map illustrating the number of transit days for delivery of your order: www.ups.com/maps
Frequently Asked Shipping Questions:
1. Where do you ship to?
We ship to the lower 48 states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). We do not ship internationally.
2. How are perishable products shipped?
We take great pride in hand-crafting our products and then packaging and shipping them with care. To ensure the quality and freshness, perishable products are shipped using dry ice and re-usable coolers.
3. When will my order ship?
Depending on the product ordered, products will typically be ready to ship within 24-48 hours. However, we ship on Mondays and Wednesdays only. Once your product is ready to ship, it will ship on the next Monday or Wednesday.
4. When can I expect to receive my order?
Once your order is shipped, you can expect to receive it anywhere from 1-5 days depending on where it is traveling to. If you choose UPS 2-day air, you will receive your order in 2 days. Click here to view UPS Ground Maps for transit times.
5. How come you do not ship after Wednesday?
Due to the nature of our products, and to ensure the quality and freshness of our products, we can only ship in a fashion so that your order arrives in a maximum of 3 business days. You will not receive orders on Saturdays, Sundays, or Mondays.
6. Do you ship overnight?
Yes, we can ship overnight, but it is very expensive. Please send an email to email@example.com for shipping cost and information.
7. Do you ship to P.O. Boxes?
No, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
8. Can I pay with a check or money order?
We accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Your credit card will be charged once your order is placed.
9. Can I track my order?
You will receive an order confirmation email after you place your order. When your order is shipped, you will receive an email with a linked tracking # to track your order.
10. What should I do if I am unhappy with the quality or freshness of your product?
Please call us at 978-774-4545 (Monday-Saturday between 9:00am and 6:00pm EST within 24 hours of receiving your order. Your satisfaction is important to us.
11. Can I change or modify my order?
Yes, as long as it is done by 1:00pm EST Monday-Wednesday. Please contact us if you need to change or modify your order.
12. Can I cancel my order after it has been placed?
Yes, as long as your order has not been processed. Please contact us.
13. Do you custom decorate cupcakes or opera cakes?
Not at this time, but possibly in the future. Stay tuned!
100% Freshness Guarantee
Here at Cakes for Occasions we only use the finest quality ingredients and take pride, and special care, when packaging and shipping your order to ensure our products arrives fresh and delicious. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality or freshness of our bakery goods, please contact us by either phone or email. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee items that are given a wrong shipping address or delays due to weather conditions. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We value all of our customers and hope they return to order from us again.
Cakes for Occasions stands by our products, however, once your order has been shipped from our shop we cannot be held responsible for damage due to weather, shipping delays, incorrect addresses or package refusal. Any damage incurred during shipping must be reported within 24 hours upon package receipt. All refund claims must be submitted within 30 days of purchase date. We make every effort to package your order with the utmost care to ensure a safe journey to its destination.
If you need to cancel your order, you may as long as it has not been processed. Please remember, orders placed by 1:00pm EST Monday-Wednesday will ship the same day. Please contact us if you need to cancel your order.
We welcome your large orders! However, if your order cannot fit into one box and we need to use multiple boxes to ship your order, you may incur additional shipping charges. We will notify you if this is the case.
1. What is your pricing structure for wedding cakes?
Our pricing ranges from $4.50 to $6.50 per serving depending on the flavor of cake and filling you choose. The design fee will vary depending on the design you choose and the delivery fee will depend on your reception location. When meeting with any of our consultants, you will receive an estimate based on your custom designed cake.
2. What size cake do I need?
Depending on the number of guests you’ll be having and how your cake is being served will determine the final size of your cake.
3. Can you deliver my wedding cake?
Cakes for Occasions delivers to the North Shore area, as well as Boston. In addition, we deliver to southern New Hampshire. Our delivery fees are available upon request. Please contact us to inquire about your specific location.
4. What shapes do you offer?
Our wedding cakes are available in round, square and hexagon as well combining multiple shapes.
5. Can I have multiple flavors within my cake?
Yes, this is popular option and a great way to offer delicious choices to your guests.
6. Does Cakes for Occasions provide fresh flowers for my cake?
Cakes for occasions does not provide the flowers, however we will contact your florist to confirm the size, shape and set up of your wedding cake.
7. Can I make an appointment for a wedding consultation?
Absolutely! Our wedding consultants are available to meet with you for a wedding cake consultation and complimentary cake tasting. Please call 978-774-4545 to schedule an appointment.
8. When should I reserve the date for my wedding cake?
Come and meet with us anywhere from 3 – 9 months prior to your wedding date. A 50% deposit is required to reserve your date.
9. What is artwork and how do I select artwork for my wedding cake?
Artwork is the design our artists place onto your wedding cake and can be as traditional or as creative as you wish. At Cakes for Occasions, we will custom design your wedding cake. You are welcome to choose from the many artwork designs that we have in our portfolio or if you have a design in mind, please let us know so we can create something unique for you!
10. If I want ribbon on my wedding cake and my wedding cake is being ordered through my reception location, when do I need to provide the ribbon?
If your wedding cake is being ordered through your reception location but you are providing the ribbon, it needs to be in our hands, at Cakes for Occasions, the week before your wedding (we are closed on Sundays). If it is not, then we will default to using white ribbon. Check with your reception location on the best way to get the ribbon to us.
11. Should I save the top tier for my first anniversary?
When you book your wedding cake with us, it includes a complimentary anniversary cake so you can celebrate with a fresh, delicious cake prepared especially for you.
Tips for Getting Your Cake Home Safely
Thank you for purchasing a cake from Cakes for Occasions. We take great care and pride in each cake we create. Many of our cakes require gentle care and handling. In order to ensure that your cake arrives at its’ destination in the condition in which it left our store, we would like to give you some helpful tips:
1. Always carry your cake by its base. Make sure you don’t put pressure on the sides or top of the box, which could press against the cake and damage it.
2. Put your cake on a flat surface in your car. We do not recommend placing your cake on the front or back seat!
3. Do not put your cake in the trunk of your car UNLESS it is cold outside (50 degrees or below is recommended).
4. Turn on the air conditioning in your car during warmer months, especially if the cake will be in the car more than a half hour.
5. Drive carefully! Especially if your cake is two tiers or larger. Sudden stops or turns could cause the cake to shift.
6. Make sure the area you are putting your cake in is free of debris or items that could roll into or fall onto your cake during transport.
Storing Your Cake at Home:
1. Refrigerate your cake if it:
- Has fresh fruit or mousse filling
- Has whipped cream frosting or filling
- Is a two-tier cake or larger
2. Buttercream cakes do not need to be refrigerated, but should be kept in a cool (approximately 70 degrees) environment.
Your cake is best when served at room temperature. Take it out of the refrigerator at least a half hour before serving, more for larger cakes. Enjoy!
Cakes for Occasions REQUIRES:
- One (1) week prior notice for ANY & ALL custom orders,
- Minimum 72 Hours Notice for ANY & ALL cancellations or changes,
- 50% Deposit REQUIRED for all cakes 10” or larger: Deposit is non-refundable/non-transferable,
- Prices are subject to change.